WhatsApp is one of the most commonly used instant messaging apps today, with over 1 billion users worldwide. The app allows you to chat with other people using your data plan or Wi-Fi (the app will use your Internet connection if available). To do this, the app has to save all of your previous chats to refer to them later when you need them. If the app crashes or your phone runs out of space, you could lose all of these old chats! How do you get them back?
Also Read:- iPhone 12 vs Xiaomi 12 Pro: Which One is Better?
How to take WhatsApp back up
In general there are lot of data stored in WhatsApp. Images/videos/documents/. So, It’s important to regularly back up your WhatsApp chats, especially if you switch phones often. If you’ve recently changed phones and want to restore your WhatsApp chats from your old phone, here’s how:
1. On your old phone, open WhatsApp and go to Settings.
2. Tap Chats > Chat Backup.
3. Tap Back up to Google Drive and select a backup frequency other than Never. If you’ve never backed up before, tap Back up over: and select Wi-Fi only or Cellular data. This can be set up automatically daily/weekly/monthly basis.
4. Tap Back up now to create a backup of your chats. Once the Backup is complete, you can transfer it to your new phone following the steps below.
How To Restore WhatsApp On Android
1. Open WhatsApp Settings app on your Android device and tap Backup & reset.
2. Tap Restore under the Backup section.
3. You will be prompted to enter your Google account credentials. Enter the same account that you used to back up your WhatsApp data.
4. Once your account is verified, you can select which Backup you would like to restore. Choose the most recent backup file.
5. Tap Restore. Your WhatsApp data will begin restoring from the backup file.
6. Once the process is complete, tap Next. If you had one, you would be prompted to set up a new PIN for WhatsApp.
7, Initially all text messages will get download and after that images and videos will be downloaded in background.
How To Sell Old Phone Online
How To Restore WhatsApp On iOS
If you have an iPhone, there are two ways to back up and restore your WhatsApp data: iCloud and iTunes.
1) To Backup using iCloud, go to Settings > Chats > Chat Backup and turn on iCloud Backup.
2) To back up using iTunes, connect your iPhone to your computer and open iTunes. Select your device, then click Summary > Backups > This Computer.
3) To restore from an iCloud backup, first verify that an iCloud backup exists in Settings > Chats > Chat Backup. If one exists, delete and reinstall WhatsApp. When prompted, restore your chat history from the iCloud Backup.
4) To restore from an iTunes backup, connect your iPhone to your computer and open iTunes.
5) One must aware of all passwords while Performing these activities.
6) Once the back restoration is started, it will get complete text msg first and like wise images and videos in android.
Also Check:- OnePlus Mobile Price list In India
In conclusion, these are the steps you need to follow to restore data on WhatsApp:
- You need to download and install the app.
- You need to create a backup.
- You need to restore the Backup.
- You need to verify your phone number.
- You need to set up your profile.
If you are looking to sell old mobile phone online. cash2phone is the best platform to sell old phone for some extra cash.